REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
TRANSCO CLSG, COTE D’IVOIRE, LIBERIA, SIERRA LEONE, GUINEA
(CLSG) Interconnection Project
ID No. – P113266
EXTERNAL AUDITOR for YEARS 2018, 2019 & 2020
Credit No.: 5110-LR
EOI Ref No. CS-20/06/2018/FAD
Date of issuance: 02/07/2018
Deadline for submission: 07/08/2018
The International Development Association (IDA) granted to the Government of Liberia global financing of One Hundred and forty-four million and five hundred thousand dollars ($144.5,) for the implementation of the Interconnection Project Côte d’Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra -Leone, Guinea (CLSG). Part of this amount is to be used to finance the following contract: Recruitment of a consultant (firm) for the assignment of External Audit Services for the last three years of the CLSG Project (2018, 2019 & 2020).
The services under this assignment is to provide financial audit services. The consulting firm is expected to have the capacity to express independent professional opinion on the TRANSCO CLSG’s Financial Statements and the CLSG Project Financial Statements based on his audit conducted in accordance with ISAs (International Standards on Auditing) issued by the IAASB (International Auditing and Assurance Standard Board) In accordance with these standards, the auditor will request the TRANSCO CLSG’s management for an Engagement/Confirmation Letter committing to the preparation of the financial statements and maintenance of proper internal control systems as well as acceptable documentation for all financial transactions. The appointment will be for a period of three (3) years subject to annual review (2018, 2019 & 2020). The appointed External Auditor will commence work following the receipt of a letter of engagement from the General Manager.
The servicesto be provided shallinclude but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Providing reasonable assurance that the financial statements audited by them give a true and fair view of the activities of TRANSCO CLSG; (the Company and the Project) during the course of the year and have been prepared in accordance with IFRS and IPSAS respectively.
- Identifying, assessing and examining risks to regularity, propriety and financial control and report on significant weaknesses;
- Providing constructive advice that will help TRANSCO CLSG to improve governance, including financial management, control and reporting.
- Providing a Final Audit Report and management letter.
- Carrying out a physical verification of the major fixed assets and investments of TRANSCO CLSG at the headquarters in Abidjan, country offices and field offices in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
TRANSCO CLSG now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, descriptions of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, practicing certificate from a national or regional professional accountancy body, Etc.).
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The audit firm/ consultant should demonstrate familiarity and relevant experiences in auditing of donors-financed project annual accounts (at least 10) over the past 10 years; experiences in audit of annual financial statements of projects or companies in the Energy sector would be an advantage;
- The Auditor should be experienced in applying International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and must employ adequate staff with appropriate professional qualifications and suitable experience with IPSAS, including experience in auditing the accounts of entities comparable in size and complexity to TRANSCO CLSG;
- Auditor should be legally registered and hold a practicing certificate from a national or regional professional accountancy body.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the “World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under the IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grant” (January 2011, Revised July 2014) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROCUREMENT/Resources/Consultant_GLs_English_Final_Jan2011_Revised_July1_2014.pdf
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications in the form of a joint-venture or sub consultancy and note that the selection criteria will be applied to the JV as a whole.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Least Cost Selection (LCS) method set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under IBRD Loans and Credit and IDA Grant”(January 2011, Revised July 2014). http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROCUREMENT/Resources/Consultant_GLs_English_Final_Jan2011_Revised_July1_2014.pdf
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM during working days. Or can be obtained upon request, by writing an email to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
Expressions of interest must be delivered or submitted by email, courier service or in person to the address below by 07/08/2018 at 12:00 GMT and mention «Application for External Audit Services for TRANSCO CLSG”. Only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The address is:
Attention: Mr Mohammed M. SHERIF, General Manager
Cocody, II Plateaux, Angré, 7ème Tranche,
28 BP 633, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Tel : +225 22 50 34 80; Fax : +225 22 50 34 85