Project Title: The Project for Domestic Rice Production and Sales Promotion in Lower Guinea
Entire Project Period: December, 2020 – July 2025
Employment Period: 1 year from February 2021 (Possibility of contract renewal)
Deadline: 17:00 on 5 February, 2021
Background: Based on an agreement between the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of the Cooperation and African Integration of the Republic of Guinea and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), JICA is going to launch a project for the promotion of domestic rice production and marketing in Lower Guinea.
Oriental Consultants Global (OCG), contractor of this project, searches for project officers who will support the implementation of the project.
The contract of this position would be annually renewal, starting from February 2021 with a probation period of 3 (three) months. The project officers will be based at the project office in Conakry, and conduct business travels frequently to Lower Guinea especially in Boke region under the supervision of the contractor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify major actors of the domestic rice supply chain (such as rice farmers, parboilers, middlemen, rice millers and distributors) in lower Guinea, analyze their challenges, and recommend measures to promote production and processing of domestic rice;
- Implement survey to identify the problems of domestic rice production and processing, building capacity for rice farmers to produce domestic rice effectively.
- Build effective and reliable working relationships with local farmers, Guinean government, especially Ministry of Agriculture and development partners (e.g. FAO, World Bank, International NGOs etc.);
- Contribute to the development of an action plan of Boké region to promote domestic rice production and marketing;
- Assist the contractor in conducting project activities while performing translation between French and English; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Higher education in agronomy (rice culture preferred), or related field;
- Fluency in French and local language in Boké region (e.g. Susu), and working knowledge of English;
- Minimum 3-year work experience in dissemination and/or improvement of rice production technology and farm household survey;
- Good knowledge of rice supply chain in Lower Guinea, especially in Boké region;
- Work experience in related projects of donor community and NGOs is an asset;
- Computer literacy (Word and Excel).
Interested candidates are requested to submit to Mr. Kazuhiro Inoue <email@example.com> by 17:00 on 5 February, 2021 their (1) CV in English, (2) copy of the Educational Diploma/Degree and (3) Cover Letter of 1 page maximum in English demonstrating how the applicant meets the qualifications and indicating the desired net salary in EUR or USD.
The incomplete applications or those received after the specified deadline will not be accepted. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.