Project Title: The Project for Domestic Rice Production and Sales Promotion in Lower Guinea
Entire Project Period: December, 2020 – July 2025
Employment Period: 1 Year from February 2021 (Possibility of contract renewal)
Deadline: 17:00 on 5 February, 2021
Background: Based on an agreement between the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of the Cooperation and African Integration of the Republic of Guinea and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), JICA is going to launch a project for the promotion of domestic rice production and marketing in Lower Guinea.
Oriental Consultants Global (OCG), contractor of this project, searches for project officers who will support the implementation of the project.
The contract of this position would be annually renewal, starting from February 2021 with a probation period of 3 (three) months. The position is for 4 (four) years starting from February 2021 with a probation period of 3 (three) months. The project officers will be based at the project office in Conakry, and conduct business travels frequently to Lower Guinea especially in Boke region under the supervision of the contractor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify major actors of the domestic rice supply chain (such as rice farmers, parboilers, middlemen, rice millers and distributors) in lower Guinea, analyze their challenges, and recommend measures to promote production and sales of domestic rice;
- Analyze the features and distribution channels of imported rice and provide suggestions on how domestic rice can compete with imported rice;
- Build effective and reliable relationships with development partners (e.g., FAO, World Bank, International NGOs etc.);
- Contribute to the development of an action plan of Boké region to promote domestic rice production and marketing;
- Assist the contractor in conducting project activities while performing translation between French and English; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Higher education in business administration, finance, marketing or agriculture;
- Fluency in French and English and good knowledge of local language in Boké region;
- Minimum 5-year work experience in marketing or agriculture;
- Work experience in projects of donor community is an asset;
- Good knowledge of social – economic situation in Lower Guinea, especially in Boké region; and
- Computer literacy (Word and Excel).
Interested candidates are requested to submit to Mr. Kazuhiro Inoue <email@example.com> by 17:00 on 5 February, 2021 their (1) CV in English, (2) copy of the Educational Diploma/Degree and (3) Cover Letter of 1 page maximum in English demonstrating how the applicant meets the qualifications and indicating the desired net salary in EUR or USD.
The incomplete applications or those received after the specified deadline will not be accepted.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.