Job Title: Guinea Deworming SCH/STH Project Officer
Job Location: Guinea Country Office
Reports to: Programme Manager
Department: Finance and Performance
Sightsavers are recruiting for a Project Officer to assist with Sightsavers work, in collaboration with Givewell, in Guinea to contribute towards the control of Schistosomiasis (SCH) and Soil-transmitted Helminthiasis (STH) before WHO set the deadline for the elimination of NTDs as a public health problem in the world.
As Project Officer for Deworming SCH/STH, you will work with partners to develop annual plans based on developed programmes, make sure the implementation of projects are within budget, support all aspects of the project planning, ensure learnings from the project implementation are appropriately documented and provide regular, high-quality reporting.
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing case studies and proactively providing relevant information for fundraising, communication and advocacy purposes
- Supporting the Senior Programme Manager and Country NTDs Programme Manager
- Assisting in the preparation of financial forecasts and Activity Based
Budgets for the NTD projects and monitor expenditure against these
As Project Officer for Deworming SCH/STH, you will:
- be a Public Health Physician or possess a Master degree (or equivalent) in Medicine, Biology, Sociology, or Development related studies
- Have extensive experience in programme and project management, ideally within an NGO environment
- Have a background in report writing
- be qualified in monitoring and evaluation of projects/programmes
- have an understanding of budgets and financial provisions
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete Job Description for further details.
Closing date: 30 August 2020
Interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing 14 September at the Guinea Conakry office. This will be a two-stage interview process with a short-written task. Social distancing and hygiene measures will be observed.
To apply, and for further details about the role, please follow the below link. Please be aware that you will be prompted to include your CV or Cover Letter, please ignore this. Only information included in the online application form will be considered. http://www.sightsavers.org/vacancies
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply. Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency CVs. Sightsavers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Closing Date: 30 August 2020