Contract Type: local appointment
Duration: 3 years
Location: Conakry, Guinee
Required language (s): French and English
The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Program Assistant. The Program Assistant will be under direct supervision of the Executive Assistant (EA) who is responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation. The Program Assistant is an integral part of the Guinea Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team. (S)He will provide Administrative and client support to the Operational Staff. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants and external organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities
The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Guinea Country Office.
The main functions include but are not limited to:
Operational and administrative support
- Provide support for preparation and implementation of World Bank projects and activities according to Bank procedures.
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
- Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
- Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials;
- Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
- Maintain up-to-date divisional project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the Country Director and/or the Country Management Unit (CMU).
- Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
Information Management and Client interaction
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
- Co-ordinate with service units, and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office;
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities
Time management & Logistic planning
- Arrange working schedule and meeting with counterparts for the visiting teams;
- Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information;
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters;
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Program Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
- Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Supervisor
This is a challenging position suited to a highly motivated team player with an eye for detail, ability to understand the bigger picture context of operations, and creative problem-solving abilities. The successful candidate should have strong analytical skills, practical experience with participatory stakeholder engagement. Minimum bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.).
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application comprising a CV and letter of motivation online at https://www.worldbank.org/en/about/careers. Click on > Current openings > Keyword or ReqID > req8504.
The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9/30/2020 at 11:59 pm UTC.